i've been slacking on my updates, visiting family across the usa, fun times. but i do have a new print coming out thru bottleneck gallery, you can read more info here - taking place on veterans day, and going to an admirable cause as well. thanks to bottleneck gallery and spoke art for coming together and making it happen. i'll have some copies of the print available on my site after the event as well, so if you're on my mailing list you'll be harassed about that soon enough.
also, before that, fairly soon, i'll have a few other handbill type prints for sale, a letterpress piece and a screenprinted piece. with random stickers as well, i have a few newish ones, huzzah.
til then, smoke em if you got em. or vape, for my European friends. just kidding. i actually don't know the vape demographics, is that still happening? no one tells me anything.
- time travel by nate bargatze. humor.
- mall 84. classy.
- this trailer undersells it but i found my blind brother heeeeeelarious.
octobers upon us, the spooky season. i believe i'll have a new poster or two this month. or soon. or i have no idea. i guess maybe even some smaller pieces might show up at nyc con. some of you have inquired about mondocon, i won't be making it this year, apologies.
- i was amused by bears on stairs.
- impressed by indiana jones, the animated series.
- intrigued by the trailer for The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
- infused by the effects behind civil war.
- immersed in the snake selfie.
- and incensed by the cruel M. Bison.
also, if you're into books (which i plan on being once i learn to read), you could do worse than picking up a copy of this here poster book by mitch putnam, of which i have a couple posters in.
after a long week of work, i'm enjoying thirsty thursday. and what goes better with this than some tunes? nuffin.
- Trampled by Turtles-Wait So Long. man, i'm digging that. good dudes.
- heard this on the radio today on my drive, spoke to me. been a long while.
- in an alternate universe, this makes sense. in this universe, we're stuck with this.
- this dog, man, this dog. unrelated, we're getting our fifth rescue dog sunday. is that too many?
can you have too many dogs? i feel like i'm about to find out.
- this was a trip. so pretty.
- this was kinda interesting, for you lilo and stich people.
- other than that....this is who i'd vote for. if i could vote.
- to avoid ending on that joke, this looks really gorgeous.
so, rose city came and went. sarah had a blast. i actually did as well, though the food court cheese pizza helped steady my hand. i don't know what the future holds for more cons, but at least i can now die happy. or at least die slightly less sad, depending on the manner of my death. we had some old prints to sell, the pricetag was a bit steep, but most of them i just had a handful of, so hopefully people don't hold that against me. hold it against sarah if you have to. anywho, now you know what going to comic cons is like. onto the next chapter of my life.....
- akira related. coloring akira. differences between the manga and the film.
-really nice heat talk.
- dying light. is that actual gameplay!? no. obviously.
- speeding ad. an interesting bummer of an ad.
- rest in piece jon polito. didn't make the news worldwide, but to me, a real iconic actor that had some great roles. millers crossing being one of my favorite.
well, hello september. i guess i'm going to have a booth at the rose city comic con this weekend. it was sarah's idea. so, i'll be there. due to weird life choices, i actually also have another thing going on this weekend as well, so on saturday i'll be at RCCC from like 4 to 7, and on sunday from like 12 til 5. the booth will be there from start til quitting time though, sarah will be running it, plus maybe my buddy tom. i'll just have a random assortment of older stuff, a few movie prints, some music prints, stickers, etc. i'll probably have some of my alien prints just to have something to sell, but rest assured i will have them for sale online at some point. just gotta have some stuff for the booth. all filler, no killer, as they say. plus obviously i'm up for signing whatever, when i'm there. its going to be nuts. or i dunno.
so, hopefully all orders have arrived, wherever you are in your corner of the world. if you haven't received an order from me, drop me a note and we'll look into it. supposedly new stuff on the horizon from me, but ve shall see, as zeh say.
- jack kirby recently celebrated his birthday. from beyond.
- interesting note on jim steranko, living legend
- The Thing interesting note. the secrets in their eyes, apparently.
- my dad used to have a monkey just like this growing up. crazy.
- nice princess bride andre the giant video. that andre, class act.
ok, that's it, keep rockin' til...forever.
well shoot, its the weekend, take a break, you deserve it. or do you? just kidding. or am i? just kidding....or... alright alright, sarah's got all the posters shipped out, we're already getting 'hey i love it!' or 'hey you forgot to put the poster in my shipping tube!' type emails. so if you don't get your order soon, let us know.
til then, enjoy this mignola madness. so good. batman. doom. blade.
- i liked this vid, music is good for the soul. kinda neat.
- masters of the universe posters. struzan. or something MORE THAN STRUZAN. different i mean.
- akira is life. i guess.
thanks for the orders, the sale has ended, we'll be shipping this week, into next, so expect those soon. drop us an email if you have a question / concern about your order. til then....
- dare to be stupid
- garry shandling 1/2
- so long gaspar saladino, legend writ large
- disney related interview for fernando, let me know if it's any good
- marvel at Bill Sienkiewicz's Electra covers. geeeeeez.
due to a bit of a hectic week, i'll be having my poster sale early this next week. apologies on that lapse in syntax memory error, i am but a mortal. all sticker packs have shipped, so expect them to arrive soon if they haven't already.
in terms of pins and patches and handbills and air fresheners, i'm sure they'll be available again down the road, so don't spend a billion schrute bucks buying them on the aftermarket. please don't stress it. like ol walt says....don't worry, be mickey. or minnie.
so, preorder sticker packs are starting to ship, finally. the holdup was....i wanted to make sure those that ordered a couple packs or more got something a bit different each time. we'll see, it could all end in tears, but hopefully not. appreciate your patience.
in other news, my plans is to sell my conchords prints / phish prints / older stuff this next week, after all sticker packs have shipped. but more importantly....
- jack davis, truly one of the greats, a thunderous giant. rest in peace.
- stranger things cheat sheet.
- dolphinaphobia. yes.
- walk of life into valhalla. it works.
so, another week, another update. i actually have almost all the pieces for the sticker shipments....waiting on one more piece, and then they shall be released, like doves at a Ozzy concert. as always, if you're fed up with waiting, i can refund your order. otherwise i expect (fingers crossed) these to start going out next week. once they've shipped i'll have my conchords and phish prints for sale.
nothing else to report. still waiting on a couple approvals, a few concert prints in the works as well. chugging along like something that chugs. a train? til then.
- in these crazy times, i watch this to cheer myself up. or this actually. or frankly, this, which says something about me, i know.
- this was weird. i know, stranger things, i'm watching it, alright already. get off my back.
- the maker
thanks for the words on my family situation, i know we all have things going on in our lives, and mind are comparatively mild on a world scale, but i guess it helps to put it out there sometimes. in regards to that, my grandpa did indeed see my dad again, so thanks for the thoughts.
another update, i have phish prints to sell but ideally i'll get these sticker pack preorders shipped first, and i am still waiting on pieces to come in for that. so that's kinda the holdup. but i think those that preordered will be in for a pleasant treat, i hope. 5 new stickers (and then some) plus some random other items i think people will like. I HOPE. lets just say i broke the bank getting some of these made, ha.
til then - hope the weekend treats you all good.
- start it off with some aphex twin
- stoked on the ghostbusters sequel?
- a really nice writeup on the commonalities between the thing and hateful 8
- in the bag, man. wrap it up.
- this feels like some sort of real world re-enactment of like, your body fighting off infections or something.
- days gone. hmm....gameplay looks wild. or stressful.
- a real eyeful.
lastly, if any of you hold to the belief in prayer, my grandpa stout is nearing the end of his 92 year journey, he's been a rock in our lives and we're glad to have known him. right now we're just hoping he's here til next tuesday, when my parents get back from overseas, seeing my sister graduate from glasgow university. watching this made me think of my gramps, he was a navy man and had some pretty harrowing experiences. life.
just a heads up on the preorder sticker packs i had awhile back, just heard back that some of the stickers won't be here for another couple weeks, so if you're not comfortable with your order taking that long, let us know and we can refund ya, no hard feelings. i'll post a note here when these start going out. the regular sticker packs should already have arrived, its just the preorders that are taking their sweet time.
so, stickers are shipping this week, if you haven't received yours it should arrive soon, lord willing. in other news, its sarah's birthday today...ok well yesterday, so happy birthday to m'lady.
in other news....man, this year. seems like we're losing a lot of legends and up & comers. if you haven't seen green room, its brutal. but its really well done. it'll make my list of top 10 of 2016.
cheers me up
- richie spice / youths dem cold
- rancid / ruby soho - takes me back
- goldfinger / here in your bedroom. i've had this song in my head for 20 years.
- human / love - made me think.
- its my 80's / perturbator / dance with the dead.
EDIT: also, you may have noticed my cap log is no longer the homepage to tstout.com - if you want to change your bookmarks to http://www.tstout.com/blog/ - that's a direct link to my captains log. mostly i'm doing this because new people that visit my site have expressed some confusion as to how to find my work, the upper nav bar seems to be a bit confusing? so i'm trying this out, having my tstout.com go to a gallery, but captains log will continue to be the thing i update the most. we'll see how it fits, probably terrible, i fear change, just like most people.
sticker sale is wrapped up, thanks for all the orders, always appreciated, always makes me look good with the missus, keeps her from leaving me and taking the kids. next up...well a movie print if it ever gets approved, if not then a band print is coming up later this month, then a couple other things this summer. i think it'll be a fun one, fingers crossed.
til then, this is my weekend (sarah's gone and i'm in charge).
- spared no expense by the original stout.
- carpenter brut - seeing mr carpenter in concert wednesday, pdx.
- death in space
lastly, gigposters.com has gone offline (pretty much). i can't count the amount of hours i spent on that site, my entire career was shaped by GP. am i dreaming, is it really gone? it was always there. so, pour one out for a truly massive loss. GP is the reason i know rob jones, jon smith, jeff kleinsmith, jesse ledoux, jay ryan, dan grzeca....too too many to list. man. END OF AN ERA.
RIP Gigposters.com - ye will be missed.
update edit: so a email is about to go out, you can read all about it here - with info on how to purchase. thanks!
hopefully my three options didn't confuse anyone, i had a letterpress / stickerset combo, a stickersheet /stickerset combo, and a preorder. hopefully no one ordered one thinking it was the other. also, if you ordered the stickersheet and letterpress combos separately and would like to combine the shipping, drop us an email. i assume these will ship together regardless. but we can't combine shipping with preorders due to those shipping at a later date than the stickersets. also, never too late to cancel an order, if you feel like you were too hasty. just drop us an email.
just a brief heads up, i had mentioned 'early this week' i'd have a sticker sale, and my plans for mice men went awry, so the sale will be tomozz, thursday.
its not a big sale, i can't imagine people are losing sleep over stickers, but the breakdown is 1 set will have stickers an a little letterpress piece, one set will have stickers and a nifty little stickersheet, and one set will be 'open edition' of stickers i have yet to make, just in case people miss out on the other two sets. alas, i have no pros and cons handbills (series 4 did not print the way i had hoped, apologies). so, thats the update. expect email tomorrow, ye email-listers. sorry for me leaving anyone hanging, if you were waiting for this.
june already. good. breaking out my summer short shorts. looks like early on next week we'll be doing a sticker sale, would have hoped to have a few others items for sale that are caught up in the approval process, but to quote michael scott, somehow i'll manage.
til then, these caught my eye.
- mother russians bear facility. they make a funny sound.
- i think this werner herzog video class would be pretty incredible.
- this tradd moore character page is awesome. luther strode is awesome.
- could dune be the next star wars? no. but still, interesting. star wars, timely.
- and sarah says shes going to do this this summer. ONLY WITH PEOPLE. just kidding.
- this star trek poster is a pretty good homage to a pretty classic star trek poster. and speaking of star trek, i guess this is coming out. i've seen a pic of it and it looked decent quality.
well may is almost over, and it looks like i'll have a couple prints dropping in june, huzzah. hopefully they will be good.
til then - LIFE IS HAPPENING WITHOUT ME.
- this darwyn cooke talk is pretty great. he will be missed.
- old frank miller and mignola, two of my favorite people.
- interesting cronenberg total recall concept art
- great alien work. great brian bolland prince piece.
- Noriyoshi Ohrai - another one gone. too good.
- high school girl. humorous. wait for it. avengers what ifs. humorous.
arik roper has worked on this project and it looks amazing, always great work by mr roper.
also, mike king is funding his latest and greatest, mike gave me my first big break in posters, always rad to see his stuff.
man, taking my time between updates, i actually have some stuff coming out eventually soon, a little letterpress piece and some sticker packs, i hate sending out a mass email on something that small though, so i'm waiting til i have a couple things i can gang up all in one email. thus the delay. but i am not dead, things are moving along at a brisk pace. which is good.
til then, i found these interesting.
- star wars: the font awakens....or didn't awaken, or awakened incorrectly.
- blockhead. neat.
- the master drew struzan on his process. kinda cool. behind the curtain.
- super interesting article on frank millers recent stuff, totally agree. colors can be tough.
- and lastly, man this political race, getting pretty heated, i tell ya.